Pages

Sunday, 26 January 2014

The Week That Was


It's been a manic week and far too alcohol sodden for January, but what can you do when lots of your friends have January birthdays? I've committed to my health kick beginning in February.

I want to try some new things on my blog this year so thought I'd try joining up with 'The Week That Was: Captured'. I've rather enjoyed documenting my week in photographs.  Here's a visual snippet of my life from the last week.




1. A spot of brunch whilst shopping for new sofas. 2. Light Lust. I’m searching for a long light for our double height landing. I love this Bocci light. Alas, I tripped the light fantastic when I discovered the prices (albeit for a much smaller version) 3. A trip to the Fashion Galore exhibition at Somerset House. An amazingly well curated collection of McQueen and Phillip Tracey. Just. Awesome. Felt inspired to follow my long held dream of signing myself up for a millinery course. 4. A 40th birthday celebration and a hangover. 5. A walk - blowing the cobwebs away. 6. Comfort food. 7. An afternoon of slapstick with Tom and Jerry. 8. EB models his new boy tights. 9. A splash of colour and a reminder spring will soon be on the way. 10. That’s not my...EB’s new favourite thing is pointing to the little mouse on each page of these books.  So sweet!  11. Examining cheaper alternatives to try and make my own Bocci imitation light. 12. Shopping for fabrics (a lot of procrastinating...) 13 &14. EB helps out around the house - babygros in the pan drawer. Of course.  15/16. A night out with the girls and a much needed sausage sandwich the morning after.
 

Linking up with the lovely Hannah at Make Do and Push.


13 comments:

  1. Ooh that wine bar looks divine! And look at EB in the washing machine - Busby won't put her hand inside - she just taps it.

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC - hope to see you again next week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EB likes nothing more than a good ferret around in the washing machine or dryer - much to my dismay!

      Delete
  2. Oh I want to live in that white house x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely isn't it? It's not very big though..and definitely doesn't have central heating!

      Delete
  3. I love the shot of the spiral staircase with the lights. Wouldn't like to actually have so many stairs in my house though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had a house with that many stairs - you'd probably be able to afford a lift :0)

      Delete
  4. I never had you down as a sausage sandwich lady! The light thing, yes. A fabulous melee of pics of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to soak up the excess Malbec from the night before! x

      Delete
  5. Looks as though you've had a great week - even included a night out with the girls! Loving the pic of one little tot emptying the tumble dryer in true toddler style! Lovely to see some photos on your blog for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a lovely week you've had discounting any hangovers. And... what a nice idea for a linky post, especially given how busy you are at the moment. Love that light, so elegant, and how big has EB grown - toddlers love washing machines! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. Nearly died of envy when I thought that was the staircase in your house! Love the boy tights - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely week, those tights are so cute!

    ReplyDelete