Pages

Thursday, 15 November 2012

Autumn Blessings #R2BC

Mother Goose like
I’m 38 weeks pregnant today and in full nesting mode. It feels great,  I feel great.  Finally, some order seems to be creeping into the chaos, thanks to the efforts of my wonderful parents who visited last week and helped us to build the cot, assemble the pram and hang curtain rails amongst numerous other tasks, in order to help us get ready for EB’s arrival.  The hospital bag is still only half packed, but if a sudden dash to the hospital is required, I can cobble the necessaries together at the last minute.  The big remaining question on my mind now is; can I complete a washathon and get to the bottom of my always full laundry basket before baby arrives?

A Positive in the Negative

As a Group B Strep carrier there was a chance that GBS would be active as I approached EB’s birth. Last week, I had a private test done to ascertain if it was present, and thankfully the result came back negative.  I am so pleased, not only for the elimination of potential risks to EB, but also for myself.  This result means that I do not now need to have IV antibiotics during labour and will also be eligible to give birth at the hospital birthing centre rather than on the labour ward, which is something I really wanted to try and achieve. What will be, will be, but I feel so much more positive about EB’s forthcoming birth on the back of this news.

Snapshots of a Moment in Time
The proofs of the photographs that Pip and I had done recently by a professional photographer came through this week. I’m really pleased with them. I had hoped to have lots of pictures of us together in the autumn leaves, but alas, drizzling rain meant it was not to be.  As it turns out, maybe it was for the best.  The ongoing precipitation meant that we did most of the shoot indoors, and towards the end had some fun with Pip decorating my bump with painted hand prints. I wasn’t sure what I’d think of the end result, but the photographer captured Pip and I and the relationship between us beautifully.  No-one knows we had this shoot done so hopefully these pictures will make a great surprise Christmas present for my husband and family members.

Autumn - My favourite season
Yesterday was a perfect autumn day, as I walked about in peace, getting my jobs done whilst Pip was at nursery, I allowed myself to slow down and enjoy the carpet of yellow, brown and red leaves strewn over the pavements and the wonderful colours on the trees.  It felt good to slow down and appreciate the canvas of the world around me.   I reflected on how different life is now to this time a year ago, how we never know, with the passing cycle of the seasons what life will bring.  This time last year, I felt stagnant, now I have life blossoming within me.  I feel blessed.


I'm linking this post up to Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart.

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

30 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog post. It has really cheered up my morning. You sound so content and ready for the arrival of EB. Am envisioning you shrouded in a sea of calm, and that has to be good for both Pip and baby! Love the idea of the photo shoot, I can imagine that tears of joy will be had at Christmas. Such a thoughtful gift. Great news on the negative result from the hospital. I really hope you get the birth experience you want and deserve - am eagerly awaiting the 'Baby has arrived' news :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Lynset. Yes, I do feel calm...but definitely more goose like than swan like :)

      Delete
  2. So glad all is going so well and that news is just fantastic. I didn't know you could have that done or might have saved me and baby being woken up every two hours for two days which then stretched into every night for two years. I bet the photos are wonderful and you will both treasure this time, just the two of you. He'll surprise you how he'll remember it! Happy Autumn X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how long it's been available privately, I found the charity Group B Strep Support www.gbss.org.uk very helpful in terms of info on the different tests available and where to go. I do hope he does remember this time together, I know your boy does, and I find that so reassuring. x

      Delete
  3. What a stunning picture, just gorgeous. Good luck for the next few weeks and I hope you have even more reasons to be cheerful when your little one arrives. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The description of your wonderful photo shoot made me go all goose pimply, what a lovely idea, special memories of your time together before new baby arrives :) On the home stretch now - good luck with the washing! Can't wait to hear your news x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, yes, hopefully the pics will look as good in real life as they do online. x

      Delete
  5. that is such an amazing photo, good luck for the next couple of weeks, have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, I was really pleased with this photo too. (It's an oldie but a favourite.)

      Delete
  6. What fantastic reasons, I'm so glad that everything will be ok for the birth, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post, thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little late to the party here :o). I've been working on #oneweek all day - it's a lot more work than I realised. Anyway, back to you - I felt so uplifted reading this and feel really chuffed for you - not only are the last stages of pregnancy going well (with lovely support from your parents), but that you got that longed for negative result which means hopefully another birth centre birth - big yay - that must have been a big boost to your spirits. And really glad to hear that photo shoot went well in the end - those pictures sound gorgeous. That picture is fabulous - really rich colours. Put your feet up and enjoy these next few weeks! :o). XXX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear OM, I think #oneweek has been fabulous. You must be so pleased with the response and quality of the posts. I would have been.
      Thank you for your lovely comment. I did think about posting the photo as part of one week but it felt like cheating a bit as I took it last year! x

      Delete
  9. All the very best darling with what lies ahead for you and yours. So excited for you and looking forward to the grand announcement. So happy you are feeling better. Don't go losing touch though. Has been lovely to connect with you more recently.
    Oh and have I mentioned, you are a wondeful writer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate for your lovely comment and the compliment *blushes*. I definitely won't be losing touch. This blog is what keeps me sane :0)

      Delete
  10. oooh not long now 38 weeks amazing times x enjoy and get as much rest as you can x have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janglitz. A lovely weekend to you too. x

      Delete
  11. Glad you are feeling much better and that you can hopefully give birth at the birthing centre. (I am hoping this too, but it will depend on iron levels for me).

    Beautiful photo too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, fingers crossed for both of us on the birth centre front.

      Delete
  12. Fab news about the Strep B & the 38 week mark, I was 38+4 with TC & 37 with the boy, am getting very excited for you. Love the sound of the photoshoot with Pip, lovely memories made and stored for all time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MLM. It is good about the Strep B, you were one of the lovely bloggers who encouraged me to have the private test so thank you for your support. Gosh, if I go in at 38+4 that will be Monday! x

      Delete
  13. Wonderful reasons - glad to have discovered your blog. Off for a read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Will also come and visit you.

      Delete
  14. So pleased for you that it all seems to be coming together for you now. I know how you feel of the Strep B i was a carrier of this also and although i ended up with a section i spent many nights worrying before he was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime, yes am very relived about the Strep B result. Just one less thing to worry about :0)

      Delete
  15. All good news. I hope are able to relax at this late phase of the pregnancy. I'm a big fan of professional pics. I'm due in a few weeks and looking forward to the new year to have some done with my new born.

    I like the look of your blog and will not be following. All the best.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. Will pop over and visit your blog now.

      Delete