Pages

Friday, 1 June 2012

A Good Week

There's been lots to be cheerful about this week. I like looking back on these posts and reflecting on the good things that happened each week in our lives. It's good to remember the little things that make a difference as well as the big ones. Without further ado, here's my run down of my reasons to be cheerful this week:

Sunshine: The glorious weather has made me radiate inside and out.  Good weather makes such a difference.  Pip and I have spent lots of time outdoors at play parks and picnics.  It’s been great.  Mothering seems so much easier in good weather!

Relaxation: On Sunday we packed a picnic and made our way to the Isabella plantation in Richmond Park.  Pip had a wonderful time climbing trees, pretending to use a stick as a fishing rod and navigating the stepping stones across the shallow water.  The rhododendrons were ablaze in a riot of orange, red, pink and purple and looked superb.  It was a really chilled and enjoyable family Sunday.

  
"PLEASE - Don't get your shoes wet"....

My new nail polish and a DIY Pedicure: The arrival of the good weather and an overwhelming desire to suddenly get footloose and fancy free in my sandals prompted me to give myself a DIY pedicure this week.  I treated myself to some new polish - I’m normally a deep red type of girl, but I decided I’d opt for something a little lighter and more cheerful. I’m very pleased with it.  Pip’s reaction to my newly painted feet made me chuckle too:

“ Mummy, your toes look so pretty.  Did you borrow my paintbrushes to do them?” 
(If I had borrowed his paintbrushes, I think it’s fair to say, the finished effect would have been far more...rustic.)

Not quite Plum, maybe Rose?

An inspiring walk with my camera: I’ve been trying to get my 'proper' camera out more recently, rather than relying just on my phone camera.  I managed this on Wednesday whilst Pip was at nursery.  It was good to focus on taking some pictures, and I really enjoyed fiddling around and trying to remember how to use the camera on manual settings rather than automatic.  I enjoyed trying to capture some of the fabulous flowers in bloom in the local park.



The bed to myself: For the first time ever, the bed invader decided that he would like to go back to his own bed in the middle of the night.  Hurrah!  On the two nights since this I’ve managed to resettle him in his own bed after night wakings without hysterics about ‘coming to Mummy’s bed.’  Could it be that we have turned a corner?  Fingers crossed.

Last but not least...

Sharing our news:  Finally this week after our 13 week scan I was able to start sharing the exciting news that I’m pregnant.  It feels great to be out in the open; as it was, a lot of people seemed to have already guessed.  It seems I’m not able to hide a bump at all!  Everyone has been delighted for us;  people have shared our joy instinctively and it's been wonderful to know that people care so much. x

For more Reasons to be Cheerful head over to Mummy from the Heart.


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's brilliant news! All of it....but mainly about the new baby :) Gorgeous piccies by the way. I would love to get a decent camera and quit using my iphone, they look so amateur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. My camera is really quite old now, when we were using a buggy I didn't mind taking it out and about as I could store it in the bottom, but when it's slung over your shoulder all day - it gets heavy, especially with all the other things you need with kids. I really had forgotten how to use it, but I'm trying to make an effort to get back into it before no 2 arrives.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post. Those photos are fab - very uplifting. Hope you are not feeling too hormonal. How has the first tri-mester gone - okay? The baby must be due in December? Fab to hear that Pip has stopped invading your bed - fingers crossed. Have a great Jubilee weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, the photos were taken in the walled garden at Ravenscourt Park. Expect you know it! I didn't even know it existed until this week.

      Baby is due at the end of November (29th). First trimester has been ok, I know others that have suffered alot more than I have. Sickness was worse this time around, just had to eat my way through it. Bit depressing, but necessary. It was carbs all the way!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! What a wonderful reason to be cheerful. Hope you're feeling ok, the second trimester was definitely the best for me. Your day out sounds like bliss too. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, starting to feel a little brighter now. Have a good weekend. x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, I can feel the happiness coming off the page, fingers crossed for the bed to yourself! I've never let mine in at night just in the morning, one needs ones sleep!
    November babies are very special did you know, thats my birthday month :)
    Have a lovely Jubilee weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can quite see that November is a very special birthday month then! I really hope it is a November baby and doesn't edge over into December - as soon as December starts it's all about Christmas. You have a lovely weekend too.x

      Delete
  5. Lovely week! The sun does make so much difference, doesn't it. Everything is easier in the sunshine. Love the photo of the stepping stones in particular. Is that Richmond Park too, or Ravenscourt Park? Polly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stepping stones were taken in Richmond Park, the flowers in Ravenscourt. It's been a Parky week! x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful weather and nature and gorgeous flowers!!!! ALL reasons to make decent folk cheerful!!! Love love love! You've also reminded me of my love of summer time nail polish. I love to see painted toe nails on my summertime bare feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - something very cheery about painted toenails in summertime. (Although actually, it's tipping it down here now!)

      Delete