Pages

Friday, 8 June 2012

# Art I Heart - Monsieur III by Blanca Gomez


As a general rule, I don’t like wall decals, but when I saw this one, it instantly appealed to me.  I bought this two years ago when we’d just moved into Faulty Towers. I had no desire to spend lots of money on a house we were about to rip apart, so only wanted to add small touches to make the house feel more like home in the short term.  I bought this graphic to go on the wall in the old conservatory, also used as Pip’s playroom (for the six months of the year that it's not an igloo). I really like this illustration, I think it’s whimsical and charming. It always brings a smile to my face, and I like the way it compliments a child’s play space without being too childish.

The decal design comes from an illustration by Spanish graphic designer and illustrator, Blanca Gomez. Since purchasing Monsieur III, I’ve become a real fan of her work.  I’d love to purchase some other items from her ‘Cosas Minimas’ project.  Most of the illustrations are only available as prints either directly from the Cosas Minimas shop /Etsy store, and the only place I have found wall decals for sale is here.

Here are a couple of my other favourite illustrations: 


Source: etsy.com via Mummy on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via




I think these would look great framed up as part of a montage of an nursery wall. Watch this space...

I'm linking this post up to the Art I Heart linky and also to the Making it Home Meme. Click on the links above for more information on how to join in.


 

9 comments:

  1. These are really fab and great fun, its lovely to make a home feel like a home even when your mid renovations. Wall stickers can be great as in expensive and easy to remove way to add fun to childrens spaces. Hope the renovations are going well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't even started yet. We're STILL planning..erm, I mean procrastinating. I'm planning to try and join in with Making it Home a bit more to see if any of my fellow bloggers can inspire me.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! We have lots of undersea and pirate wall stickers in our little man's bedroom and they really do make a great difference. For some reason, the one with the balloon puts me in mind of Dip Dap, on Cbeebies. Not really sure why. Maybe its simplicity. Polly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly,haven't heard of Dip Dap. Will have to look him up!

      Delete
  3. I love these. I didn't do an Art I Heart this week - I haven't done much of anything this week, but thanks for linking to last week's post. When I do the next one I'll tell you and you can join the linky if you like. Have a good weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're ok. Yes, let me know the next time you have a linky and I will try to join up.

      Delete
  4. You hit the nail on the head MP, I also love that the painting is not a 'baby room' painting but is playful enough to qualify for a child's room - it is perfect for a playroom.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like these ... I love their simplicity and boldness ... they really are perfect for a playroom and not too 'baby'ish'. Is your nesting instinct starting to kick in aswell? New designs and ideas for the new nursery perhaps? Really love the picture of the boy/girl riding the penny farthing - I think thats what its called?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These wall decals are very nice looks very funny. But very much suited on the walls. wall decals

    ReplyDelete