Pages

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

11 Questions


Another day, another Meme.   I feel really tired today but I think I can just about manage to answer some simple questions so thank you to the lovely Sarah who blogs at Glasgow Mummy for tagging me in the ‘ 11 questions’ meme.   The rules of engagement are as follows:

*Post the rules.
*Answer the questions the ‘tagger’ listed for you in their post.  Then create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
*Choose 11 people and link them to the post.
*Let each blogger know you’ve tagged them.

OK. Rules – Done.   Here are my answers to the questions set for me:

1. Have you ever been pulled over by the traffic police?
Yes, for speeding whilst on holiday in South Africa.  I was putting our hire car through its paces in the midst of a deserted landscape, when a traffic cop appeared out of a bush and flagged me down. Once I had paid the not insignificant (cash) fine on the spot, the traffic cop told me I was free to go.  Very stressed, I got back in the car, forgot I’d left the engine running, so tried to start it again and again, resulting in a lot of black smoke and terrible screeching noises from the engine.  After taking a moment to compose myself, I pulled away and then proceeded to bunny hop all the way up the road.   Not a moment in my life when I covered myself in glory, and yes, I did learn my lesson about speeding.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Although I crave warmer, sunnier climbs, I have to say, I think I’d still rather be in the UK than anywhere else. Home is where the heart is, and all the people I love are here. I couldn’t leave them.  If we didn’t have to live in London, I’d choose to live somewhere near the New Forest. I love it there.

3. What is your favourite flavour of crisps.
Lightly Salted

4. What’s the last movie you watched?
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I found it a little disappointing. The last half an hour was good, but I found the rest of the movie lacking in pace.

5. What is your favourite thing to wear?
Jeans. So easy. Can be dressed up or dressed down. The cost per wear is brilliant.

6. What does your last text message say?
Hi. How’s things? Did you survive half term week? Xxx

7. What were you doing at 12 noon yesterday?
Sitting at the kitchen table eating boiled eggs and soldiers with my son for lunch. We had these because we wanted to use our new ‘Herdy’ egg cups.

8. What is your most treasured memory?
The first two hours or so I spent skin to skin with Pip after he was born.  Everything felt still and calm, and just perfect really.

9. What do you think is the single best decision you’ve made in your life so far?
Probably deciding to go to University and pulling my finger out to work hard and get a good degree once I got there.  I met my husband there, met some lifelong friends, and gained a lot more confidence in myself and my abilities. 
 
10. Do you have a pet?
No.  Would love a cat but now is not the right time. If I got one now I’d be constantly worried he would fall down large excavated hole and end up immortalised in concrete.

11. What is on your bedside table?
Top Shelf: Lamp, alarm clock, Clarins hand cream, Jo Malone lip balm, glass of water.
Bottom Shelf:  A notebook and pen, plus too many books to mention but the selection includes:  Naomi Stadlen ‘ What mother’s do’, 1000 Classic Fairy Tales,  A Percy the Park-Keeper Book, Facial Fitness: Eva Fraser and a book about the origins of proverbs called 'One for Sorrow'.   Plus a couple of dog eared copies of Homes and Gardens.

These are my 11 questions:

1. Which song gets you in the mood to party?
2. What’s your favourite dish to cook for friends and family?
3. Which of the books you’ve read recently would you recommend as ‘good reads’?
4. What’s your ‘must have’ beauty product?
5. Do you have a favourite mantra/proverb/ saying?
6. What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
7. If money were no object, where would you like to go on holiday?
8. What's your most treasured possession?
9. When was the last time you wrote a letter, by hand?
10. Which 3 famous people (alive or dead) would you like to ‘Come dine with you?’
11. If you could rub Aladdin’s lamp and make one wish…what would you wish for?

And now I’m tagging the  super bloggers listed below.  This meme seems to be everywhere at the moment so if you’ve already done it, or equally you’re not bothered, I won’t mind at all!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks chuck, but like you say, I've had this one. Interesting questions though......

    Ok, my fave meal to cook for family is chicken wraps, because I know they'll actually eat them.
    And my most treasured possession is my teddy bear who I've had ALL my life and I can't sleep without.

    Oh look, there's my street cred walking out the door.

    I too am a UK loving, jeans-wearing kind of girl who gets joy from her university memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to learn a bit more about you. How lovely to have had the same teddy bear all your life. I am guessing the kids have been instructed to treat him with extra TLC!

      Delete
  2. I'm another one who has had this, however, if I get time I will answer these as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I've been tagged twice now and I still aim to honour it by answering all 22 questions. Funnily enough the last film I watched was Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - isnt Gary Oldman getting on. Also I've read that Naomi Stalden book - I really enjoyed it - made me realise how important all the small things are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps .... (I'm not stalking you - honest!) I thought you might like to know that Midlife Singlemum has started a lovely meme called Art I Heart which I thought you might be interested given your appreciation for art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, will go check it out. I enjoyed the Naomi Stalden book too - I think particularly for me as a SAHM it was v. helpful.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh thankyou for the tag! I haven't had it and am formulating my answers in my head for a post! I always find it inspiring to read random things about others so love it! Good questions Mummy P!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind if I pass this time, having just done my first elsewhere, I think this one would take me another week to finish. Great questions, to answer no.11 I would wish for a loved one back who has passed but if I had Elvis, Marvin Gaye & Tom Selleck (in his Magnum days) at my dinner table, I would be a very happy lady! Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete