Pages

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

The Tell Me About Yourself Award



Troubles' Mum of Trouble Doubled tagged me this week for the ‘Tell me about yourself award’.  Thank you TM.  The brief is to reveal seven things about myself and pass the baton on.  

Somewhere between receiving the tag and writing this, I confused myself that this was an award to do with spilling secrets. Looking back at the brief, it's not, but as I’ve written my list now, I’m going to share it anyway.   

So, here we go:  Seven (more secretive) things about me:

1. I once had a spiral perm.   A shameful fashion crime, but LOTS of people in the eighties had them.  Even Madonna.  Unfortunately mine was more poodle chic than pop chic. Thankfully photographs of this abomination are rare.

2. I was in a marching band.  I played the glockenspiel. (I was actually rather good at ‘glocking’ out a version of ‘When the Saints Come Marching In’.)  

3. I once featured on the packaging of a brand of cereal bars. (No, I’m not a model.)  In fact, I didn’t even know about it until I saw a pack of them on my boss’s desk at work. A slightly awkward conversation followed.

4. I had my nose pierced when I was seventeen. It was a rare but necessary moment of teenage rebellion.  I still think it looked quite cool.  My father did not agree. He was so mortified he couldn’t speak to me for at least a week.   You can still see the small dent from the piercing if you look very closely.  

5. I have an obsession with washing my feet. Every night before bed I have to put my feet in the sink and give them a ritual soap and water cleansing.  I’ve been doing this for over 20 years now.   I can’t sleep properly unless I do it.  Actually, I don't sleep well anyway, but it would be even worse if I didn't do this.

6. I'm a secret blogger.  It's just me, my blog and you; my dear readers. I like it that way. 

7. Lost and Found: Last week I lost the door keys to our house.  After hours of fruitless searching, and fearing I had left them in the lock, I decided we’d have to get the locks changed. My husband was a little unimpressed, not least at the hefty bill from the locksmith.   Two days later, I found them - in my coat pocket.  Yes, the pocket I’d checked twice!  I’ve decided to keep this little secret to myself.   A double docking on the Christmas present front? I don’t think so!

I’m passing the baton on to  TheLondonMamma next.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh thank you. I love your 'glocking out' story and that you got the locks changed, so mortifying, I completely agree that that should stay your secret!

    Now to think of what to write for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is great ....ha ha eighties perm! My nose was pierced too AND I have done exactly the same thing with my front door keys - and not fessed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High five to my fellow nose piercer! Did you have Doc Marten boots too?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that now in my head your are tightly permed, glockenspiel playing, pierced woman marching down the streets - this post has cheered me up :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, indeed I could be. A scary thought?? Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete