Pages

Thursday, 10 November 2011

Question Time - 10 Things


I’ve been tagged. The inspiring Kate on Thin Ice has asked me to complete the 10 questions meme.

The rules of Question Time are:

1)    Answer the 10 questions
2)   Tag someone to do the same
3)   Return to the original blog post when you have completed your 10 questions and comment, so we can all find out more about our fellow bloggers.

Here we go….

1. Describe yourself in seven words
Sensitive, daydreaming optimist and prolific cake eater. 

2. What keeps you awake at night? 
Insomnia.  It is the curse of motherhood.  Two and a half years of broken nights and now I’m the one that can’t get off to sleep.  Most nights I still get up once or twice to see to the little man and resettle him.  Half the time, I end up just lying there waiting for him to wake up.  It’s ridiculous!

3. Who would you like to be and why?
I’m happy being me.  I’d quite like to find a small business idea or creative outlet to occupy some headspace and give me a sense of achievement outside my role as mother, wife and homemaker.  I just haven’t hit upon the right thing yet.

4. What are you wearing now?
Black skinny jeans with biker boots.  Long sleeved olive T-shirt, with brown short sleeved T-shirt on top.  Short sleeved jumper in seal-like colour. I like to layer up! And a necklace I made from some jewellery I inherited from my Grandmother.

5. What scares you?
Dying.  The fear has got worse since I became a mother.  I am petrified of anything happening to me – because I want to be there for my son as long as possible.  The same applies to anyone I love dying. I can’t bear to think about it. So I don’t.  I’m a head in the sand kind of girl really.

Also…Snakes. Snakes really petrify me.

6. What is the best and the worst thing about blogging?
Blogging has been a great release for me.  I find it a relaxing place where I can be free with my thoughts.  Before I started blogging I used to sleep with a plastic guard between my teeth to stop me clenching them at night. It was causing my jaw to seize up and frankly, driving me insane. (See question 2 for cause of clenching!) Since I started blogging it’s got so much better, I haven’t even needed to use the mouth guard. (Hideous thing.)

The worst thing about blogging for me is the time thief aspect. I think ‘I’ll just sit down for 5 mins with a cuppa’ and read some blogs…before I know it, it’s teatime and I’m running behind!

7. What was the last website you looked at?
I-Escape.  A travel website.  I am trying to find some winter sun for January.  I need to escape the January blues!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would procrastinate less and seize the day more.

9. Slankets: Yes or No.
Heavens no! What’s next? A foot muff?

10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you.
Kate is a deep thinking soul, with a good sense of humour.  I love the variety her blog offers. I always enjoy reading the posts she contributes to the Little Legacy and Magpie Monday memes. She recently started her own blog hop, ‘Grooving Mum’s, an inspiring and supportive blog hop for all mums. It’s great.

I’m tagging another fantastic blog to take the baton next.   
 http://oldermum.co.uk/
– and hoping she hasn’t been tagged already!

7 comments:

  1. Hello! No worries! Of course I will take part - got a few of these to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can totally relate to the fear of dying post baby ..... also I think you should turn your talented hand to fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. Will look forward to reading your ten answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your answers. I'm with you on the slanket and the being awake half the night. My little one sleeps through, every night, very rare he stirs and needs us, but still I'm awake a couple of times a night and always before him in the mornings (and he wakes at about 6.15am). So unfair. I think you should have a go at fiction, too. I'd like to read it. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments re: fiction. I think eventually you just get used to operating on less sleep. I get far less stressed about it than I used to now... and just try and enjoy the peaceful moments in the still of the night. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your outfit sounds like mine most days. I have been meaning to pop over for a while, mainly to say thank you for the lovely positive comments you have left on my posts in the past. In particular, one you left about how I had struggled to come to terms with being a stay-at-home-mum. Your comment came at a time I was still feeling a bit low from my first negative comment, and it picked me up so much. Thank u. Lovely blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I absolutely love cakes!! Hope you find a business idea or creative thing to do...

    ReplyDelete