Pages

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

The Versatile Blogger - Seven things you didn't know about me....


A little while ago, the very lovely Rollercoaster Mum tagged me for the ‘Versatile Blogger’ award.  Shamefully, I am long overdue in thanking her for the honour and passing on the baton to other worthy recipients.   So, a little belatedly, a very big ’Thank You’ to Rollercoaster Mum, plus, some obligatory gushing; ‘Who me? An award! Ooooh how super!’

The Versatile Blogger award has some rules.  These are:

1)   Thank the person who tagged you 
2)   Share seven things about yourself
3)   Pass the award on to fifteen newly discovered blogs.

So, here are seven fascinating (or not so fascinating) facts about me:

1) I never wear black.  I stopped wearing it 10 years ago, when I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror during a work conference, and suddenly realised I looked like Dracula's daughter.  I vowed from then on never to wear black again and to live my life wearing colour.

2) One of my favourite songs is Bridge over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel. I love the words, the sentiment, the emotion in it.

3) I have a medieval middle name which no-one can pronounce correctly. (Thanks Dad.)

4) I LOVE cake.  Fruit based cakes are my favourite, especially those with apples in them.

5) I’ve had long hair all my life.  On a good hair day I’m channeling Jennifer Anniston, on a bad day - Janis Joplin.

6) I’m a big cammomile tea drinker. It counteracts caffine and wine beautifully. In fact, it’s my secret to not getting a hangover.  I always, always have a cup of camomile before bed.

7) I am secretly addicted to watching the BAFTA award winning…. ‘The Only Way is Essex’.  (We all have our vices…and this is mine!)

Now the hard part. I’m not passing the baton on to fifteen new bloggers however, I hope those listed below will be up for the challenge if they haven’t already taken part.  They all have super blogs, so please do take a look.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much!!!!!! What a great week I am having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for tagging me, but unfortunately I already did this meme last month http://glasgowmummy.blogspot.com/2011/09/seven-things.html?m=1 and not sure I could think of another 7 things! Your list is great...an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh only just found your post on this ( I am so slack at looking at other people's blogs - lack of time is my excuse). I loved reading your seven things - I also have long hair and I discovered camomile and honey tea a while back when trying to cut back on my rather large caffeine intake - always have a cup before bed too.

    ReplyDelete