Pages

Monday, 24 October 2011

The A-Z of Me


I was tagged for this meme last week by the lovely Glasgow Mummy.  I think the title says it all. So, without further ado, here are a few choice facts about me, ranging from A to Z.

ANORAK…Do you have a sad side?
Not really.  I have a fixation with ensuring Tea is always made with freshly boiled water.  And a strange obsession with clichés.  I love a good cliché.


BODY…What physical attribute would you most like to change?  
Overall, I ‘m pretty happy with what I’ve got.  If I were being fussy, I’d say I don’t really like the profile of my nose. But, I think a smaller one would look silly on my face.  I occasionally lament the small size of my chest.  It would be nice to not look like a boy when naked, but even that doesn’t bother me enough to do anything about it.

CELEBRITY…Which one would you most like to date and why?  
Rupert Penry - Jones is rather lovely.  I think he has an elegant mix of intelligence and good looks.  I thought he was fabulous in Spooks.

DEBUT …Tell us about your first ever blog post. What made you start blogging? 
My first ever blog post was in August 2011. It was called ‘Plumpton on Thames – Why this mother loves her little part of London’.  I started blogging because I felt that I needed an outlet for me.  Being a SAHM has been harder than I thought. I missed the mental stimulation of work or studying and I wanted to use my brain again.  It sounds ridiculous to say I have found staying at home stressful, but in it’s own way, it has been.  I’ve only been going a few months, but blogging has literally been like therapy for me.  I feel happier. 

ERROR …What’s been your biggest regret?  

To quote the wonderful Frank Sinatra; “Regrets I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention.”   Enough said.


FUNNY – who’s making you laugh?
My son.  A two year old’s perspective on life is fascinating, and hilarious!
I also love a good bit of slapstick. In the summer I went to see ‘One Man Two Guvnors’ starring James Corden at the National Theatre. I literally cried with laughter. (It’s on now at the Adelphi if you want to see it.) 

GRAND…If we gave you one right now what would you spend it on?  

My secret lust-after item is a MacBook Air. (Mainly for it’s lightweight portability), but actually, given the cost of forthcoming renovations at Faulty Towers, a grand would probably come in very handy to put towards buying new doors, windows or tiles for the roof.  

HOLIDAY… What’s your favourite destination?
   
For a week of luxury, good food, constant sunshine and clear blue seas, I’d head to the Banyan Tree in the Maldives.  Simply stunning.

IRRITATE… What’s your most annoying habit?

Taking an absolute age to get ready for bed. It drives my husband insane.

JOKER…What’s your favourite joke {the one that makes you laugh everytime you hear it}? 
There’s an ‘in’ joke between the husband and I about who gets the most sleep. (It’s not even a joke as such) but every time he mentions it, I start to laugh because he knows just touching on the topic makes me mad. (He claims I get MUCH more sleep than him - complete nonsense!)

KENNEL… Do you have any pets?  

No.  I think the animal hair would drive me mad.

LOVE…Are you single, married, engaged, living with a long term partner?  

I am a Mrs, not a Miss.


MEAL… Whats your ultimate starter, main and dessert? 

An authentic French onion soup with a big cheesy crouton is a favourite starter – as long as it’s the real deal.  For a main course, I love a good piece of beef fillet, well cooked, with a flavoursome jus and some concoction featuring potato to accompany. (Give me my carbs!)   My all time favourite dessert is my Mum’s homemade Gooseberry Frangipane, served with lashings of crème fraiche. It’s heaven on a plate.

NOW…If you could be anywhere right now where would you be and who with? 

With my 2 boys. (The big one and the little one), sitting in the artisan bakery around the corner with some great coffee, a babyccino and lots of cake.

OFF DUTY…What do you do in your spare time?  
Blog/Read Blogs/Write/Daydream.
Go for coffee. I am rather partial to a well made, creamy Latte.
Play online Scrabble.
I’m partial to a bit of shopping.
Talk to my mum on the phone…it’s good to talk.
Once a month I try to get out with a girlfriend for dinner or lunch – child free!

PROUD MOMENTS …What are you most proud of?  
My boy.
My pre-baby career.
My ability to draw on my grit when times are tough and carry on.

QUEASY …What turns your stomach? 
The sight of anything bloody or scabby. I could never have been a Doctor or a Nurse.

RELAX…How do you relax?  

I find a well cooked meal and a nice glass of Pinot Noir does the trick.

SONG…What’s your favourite song of all time?  
‘New York, New York’ by Frank Sinatra is one of my favourites.  It always makes me smile. I’ve spent quite abit of time there, and the song always evokes some great memories.
 
TIME …If you could go back in time and relive it again, when would you choose?
A wonderful date with my husband.  It was December, we went Christmas shopping, and then had afternoon tea at The Dorchester.  It was a fantastic day. The snow started falling, and we saw a ‘just married’ couple being photographed on the steps as we left.  It was so romantic. We got married a couple of years later. That day was the inspiration for us choosing to have a Christmas wedding.

UNKNOWN…Tell us something about yourself that no one else knows?  

I can’t. I have to keep something for myself…
 
VOCAL…. Who is your favourite artist?  

I rather like Michael Buble. Big Band is so cheery.

WORK….. What is your dream job, and are you doing it now?  

I’ve been giving this one a lot of thought recently.  I’d love to own a children’s bookshop with a facility to act out and bring to life a ‘story of the week’.  

XRAY…Any broken bones?

No. I’ve always been very careful.


YIKES…What’s been your most embarrassing moment?
Being constipated on a trek in Peru. Altitude affects people in different ways! The whole camp cheered when I finally emerged out of the toilet tent on day 6 having done my business. Most embarrassing.

ZOO…. If you were an animal, which one would you be?

I wouldn’t want to be an animal in a Zoo. I’d like to be a Condor flying free. Condors mate for life, they both look after their babies, and they don’t eat other animals. They fly very gracefully for such big birds. I saw a Condor when I was in the Andes and thought it was fantastic.

I am going to break the rules and not tag anyone else for this meme. I think I may have used up all my tagging points recently! However, if you'd like to take part, please consider this an invitation.  What are you waiting for? A is for Action! 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous A-Z! I also love Frank's New York New York...Great tune. Your embarrassing moment made me chuckle! I haven't been tagged in this one so I might invite myself if thats ok.

    Thanks for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate every word x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite away! And thank you too for popping back over to take the time to read my blog. Happy A-Zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this post. I too miss my career and you are so very right - being a SAHM is stressful ... and the Maldives rock - its where we went for our Honeymoon - got pregnant a month later - mmm wonder if there was any connection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps Blogging absolutely is therapy !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Maldives....Mmmm..that's my kind of conception tool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great A-Z post. So many interesting things... I too can't stand scabs of any kind and would have made a rotten doctor or nurse!

    ReplyDelete